Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an International Accountant to join the growing accounting team at Rover. The position will report to the Accounting Manager. Your primary responsibilities will be all things international including reviewing payroll, recording general ledger journal entries, maintaining and owning reconciliations, preparing and completing month-end close procedures, documenting SOX procedures, and working on various ad-hoc projects. You are curious, accountable, detail-oriented and have excellent organization and communication skills, especially across time zones. You thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of creativity and humor. Public company and/or big-4 audit experience is a plus. This position is based in our Barcelona office where we have hybrid in-office / working from home arrangements.
Skills and Experience:
- Assist with the Corporate accounting month-end close process
- Record journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations (including VAT reconciliations)
- International Payments (weekly AP runs)
- Assist AP by tracking down invoices and approval owners
- Manage third party relationship with outsourced invoice entry and SII reporting support
- Create and maintain banking SOD
- First point of contact for local bank inquiries
- Manage cash forecasting needs
- Manage Rover’s international vet claims payouts
- Document SOX controls
- International Payroll
- Coordinate and review monthly payroll with external payroll providers, including equity
- Manage Payroll provider relationships
- Firm understanding of BCN tax reporting requirements
- Provide Payroll support for the >100 employees in the office
- Ad-hoc payroll reporting (Gender Equality, etc)
- Statutory Accounting & Audit Support
- Assist in preparation of Annual statutory financial statements
- Manage third party relationships for European statutory filings & audits
- Manage third party relationship with European office services (e.g. Regus)
- Assist with local travel for BCN employees and manage third party vendor relationship
- Process international expense reimbursements payments